The Institute of Banking is a leading scientific unit in Poland doing the research in banking. It consists of specialists who combine the academic theory (11 tenured professors) with practice in most important financial safety net infrastructure institutions and financial institutions (members of supervisory boards, boards of directors, managers). They are also members of:
- Committee on Financial Sciences Polish Academy of Sciences,
- Polish Association of Finance and Banking,
- Jury in the Competition for the Best Master’s Thesis on the Economic Cooperation Between Poland and China.
Institute staff are experts in:
- Central banking and monetary policy,
- Financial safety net (institutions and regulations),
- Commercial banking (investment, corporate and retail),
- Risk management in financial institutions,
- Capital market,
- Money and FX market,
- Derivatives market,
- Investment projects funding,
They cooperate with many renowned international universities:
- Northeastern Illinois University in Chicago,
- University of Glasgow,
- Uiversidad de Sevilla,
- Hochschule der Deutschen Bundesbank,
- International School of Management in Munich,
- Economic Policy Institute in Sofia.
Every year they publish tens of monographies, books, student’s books and scientific papers in renowned domestic and foreign journals.
Ongoing research projects:
- „Rating agencies – the new model with the neutral influence on financial stability” – project won in the 7th Competition for the Best Scientific Projects organized by the National Bank of Poland ,
- "Banking sectors in the European Union" (granted by the National Bank of Poland).
Attractive offer of Bachelor studies, Master studies, Postgraduate studies and Phd studies:
- Postgraduate studies in Banking,
- Postgraduate studies in Compliance,
- Postgraduate Studies of Entrepreneurship for Teachers,
- Supervision over bachelor’s and master’s thesis on banking (central and commercial), financial safety infrastructure, financial markets, capital markets and Fintech.
- over 60 subjects taught in Bachelor, Master, PhD and Postgraduate studies (15 in English among them).