World Economy Research Institute
Collegium of World Economy
SGH – Warsaw School of Economics, Poland
The World Economy Research Institute’s 13th Annual Conference
International Competitiveness and Urbanization
Warsaw, June 15, 2018 (Friday)
The World Economy Research Institute at the Warsaw School of Economics (Poland) is pleased to announce its 13th Annual Conference on Competitiveness.
In the era of globalization and fast technological progress, the importance of urbanization has grown, with the cities being the centers and drivers of socio-economic development, and representing the focal points of modern life-style. Therefore, the following question arises: How cities may contribute to a competitive advantage in contemporary world economy? The World Economy Research Institute’s 13th Annual Conference on competitiveness will seek to answer this question.
AIMS OF THE CONFERENCE
- to analyze theoretical and practical aspects of international competitiveness and urbanization, including the concepts of metropolitan innovation systems, smart city, internationalization, and cultural diversity,
- to present the results of the research on the competitive position of selected economies, taking into account their urbanization patterns,
- to discuss development trends of the biggest cities in Poland and in the world,
- to discuss the implications of research findings for urban policy.
Authors are invited to submit abstracts electronically (up to 250 words in MS Word or PDF format) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submissions should contain: the title, name(s) of the author(s), affiliation(s), address(es), telephone number(s) and e-mail address(es).
Price for the conference:
Without publication: 250 PLN
With publication: 900 PLN
The deadline for abstract submissions is April 15, 2018.
Notifications on acceptance will be sent to the authors by April 30, 2018.
Participants presenting a paper during the conference are asked to submit their full papers by June 9, 2018. The final deadline to send the text for publication will be 15 July, 2018.
Registration deadline: June 9, 2018
- Prof. Marzenna Anna WERESA, Ph.D., Warsaw School of Economics, Poland
- Prof. Arkadiusz Kowalski, Ph.D., Warsaw School of Economics, Poland
- Prof. Thomas Apolte, CIW Center for Interdisciplinary Economics, University of Münster, Germany
- Prof. Andreas Bielig, Ph.D., Warsaw School of Economics, Poland
- Christos Cabolis, Chief Economist & Head of Operations, IMD World Competitiveness Center, Lausanne, Switzerland
- Prof. Allen W. Chang, Department of Business Administration, Tamkang University, Taiwan
- Prof. Pablo Collazzo, Lauder Business School, Vienna, Austria
- Prof. Bogusława Drelich-Skulska, Ph.D., Wroclaw University of Economics, Poland
- Dr. Tan Khee Giap, Visiting Associate Professor & Co-Director, Asia Competitiveness Institute in Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, National University of Singapore, and Chair at The Singapore National Committee for Pacific Economic Cooperation (SINCPEC), Singapore
- Prof. Marian Gorynia, Ph.D., Department of International Competitiveness, Poznań University of Economics and Business, Poland
- Prof. Guenter Heiduk, Ph.D., Warsaw School of Economics, Poland
- Prof. Mariusz-Jan Radło, Ph.D., Warsaw School of Economics, Poland
- Dr. Usha Nair-Reichert, Associate Professor at the School of Economics, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, USA
- Dr. Jie Shen, Assistant Professor at the School of Social Development and Public Policy, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
- Prof. Krzysztof Wach, Ph.D., Cracow University of Economics, Kraków, Poland
- Prof. Jurgen Wandel, Ph.D., Warsaw School of Economics, Poland
- Dr. Thierry Warin, Associate Professor at the Department of International Business, HEC Montreal, Canada
- Prof. Fulong Wu, Bartlett School of Planning, University College London, London, UK
More information about the conference will be made available on the conference website.
CONTACT AND REGISTRATION:
Ms. Renata Lipińska-Płońska
World Economy Research Institute
Warsaw School of Economics
Al. Niepodległości 162
02-554 Warsaw, Poland
tel. +48 22 5649370, email: email@example.com